Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FALL 2013 VIDEO GAME MUST-HAVES.

Hey guys! Today I just want to talk about some of the games that will be released in the near future. It looks like it’s going to be another great year for games. With the upcoming release of the Xbox one and the PS4, I can guarantee we are all going to be reaching the New Year as broke as ever. But happy! So here are some games that I am planning on purchasing.

                Starting at the beginning of the timeline, my first buy of this fall season will be Young Justice: Legacy. I am a huge fan of DC comics and I love the Justice League. The show Young Justice is pretty good, which is why this game spiked my interest.

                Next, and as a Marvel Comics gal, I cannot contain my excitement for this, is LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes. I am a sucker for all LEGO video games. They only seem to be getting better. LEGO’s more recent Lord of the Rings video game has completely set the bar for me. I feel they have come a long way as far as character development and the distinction of each adventure they take us on. You can say I have high expectations for this LEGO game. They have included over a hundred Marvel characters including of course, our favorites and the most popular of the X-men and Avengers.  The trailers have me counting down the days until the release date. 

                A video game that I just recently read about called Rain also caught my eye. Rain is about an invisible world filled with lost spirits that is exposed only during rainfall. In this game you play the role of a boy who stumbles into this world by mistake, becoming invisible himself, and has to find his way out. I was really intrigued by this game while reading about it, the plot is unique and it’s just not my everyday video game.

Now let’s talk about my favorite video game trilogy. I know I’m not the only one who can hardly wait for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. Pirates of the Caribbean meets Assassin’s Creed in this sea-struck game set in 1715. From what I've seen so far, I’m in love all over again. I just find these games so captivating. Maybe I’m just a ruthless assassin at heart. Not to mention the parkour in these games are off the chain. Overall, I’m pretty excited to see how this game differentiates from the others.

I don’t think I’ve ever died more in a video game than I do in this, but another Battlefield (Battlefield 4) is going to be released October 29th, as you probably already know (Which just happens to be the same release date as Assassin’s Creed). I really do die so much more in these games than any other video game I’ve ever played. Yet, I still can’t help but dish out $60 to go through the same frustration that I face in every Battlefield.


Last but hopefully not least, Call of Duty 5: Ghosts. Here’s to hoping the campaign turnout doesn’t suck as bad Black Ops2. 

~Jessica Danae Miller

2 comments:

  1. Only complaint I have about the LEGO games is they never have online Multiplayer. Four player coop online would be such a blast!

    AC4, BF4, and Ghosts will be my day one purchases with the Xbox One.

    Also, CoD: Ghosts is more like the "Call of Duty 10", although they haven't officially named one since CoD 4 (the best one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with you. Co-op online would be incredible! And CoD 4 was by far the best. I really am going to be so broke after my purchases.

    ReplyDelete